Banca dati musicale
John "JR" Robinson
nato il 29.12.1954 a Creston, IA, Stati Uniti d'America
Links www.johnjrrobinson.com (Inglese)
John Robinson (drummer)
John Robinson (born December 29, 1954, Creston, Iowa, also known as John "JR" Robinson or John "J.R." Robinson) is an American drummer and session musician. He is most known for his work with Quincy Jones, including Michael Jackson's multiplatinum Off the Wall album and the charity single "We Are the World".
Robinson is a prolific studio drummer, having played for other popular groups or artists including:
- Chaka Khan's Rufus (1983 Grammy win for "Ain't Nobody")
- Lionel Richie (No. 1 singles "All Night Long (All Night)", "We Are the World")
- Eric Clapton ("Change the World")
- Mike Oldfield ("Man on the Rocks")
- Natalie Cole (Stardust)
- John Fogerty (Eye of the Zombie, Centerfield)
- Madonna ("Express Yourself")
- Quincy Jones (Q's Jook Joint, From Q With Love)
- Wilson Phillips (Wilson Phillips with No. 1 singles "Hold On", "Release Me", "You're in Love")
- Pointer Sisters ("I'm So Excited", "Slow Hand")
- David Lee Roth ("Just a Gigolo", "California Girls")
- Barbra Streisand ("Timeless" tour)
- David Benoit (Shadows)
- Steve Winwood (No. 1 single "Higher Love," Back in the High Life)
- Daft Punk (Random Access Memories)
- David Foster (Hit Man - David Foster and his Friends)
- George Benson (While the City Sleeps...)
Robinson attended Berklee College of Music in Boston.
Robinson was inducted into the Iowa Rock 'n Roll Music Association Hall of Fame in 2005. The group said Robinson is "the most recorded drummer in history, even surpassing the great Hal Blaine."
Robinson has released two solo albums — Funkshui (2004) and Platinum (2007).
Robinson has played on dozens of film soundtracks including My Cousin Vinny, Jerry Maguire, The Bodyguard, Independence Day, Space Jam and That Thing You Do.
- John JR Robinson. Berklee College of Music. Retrieved on July 28, 2013.
Questo articolo si basa sull'articolo John Robinson (drummer) dell'enciclopedia liber Wikipedia ed è sottoposto a LICENZA GNU per documentazione libera.
In Wikipedia è disponibile una lista degli autori.