nata il 13.7.1979
Nina Woodford-Berger is a London-based Swedish song writer.
Due to her sisters boyfriend, who was a producer, Nina started singing backup for Swedish artists such as Eric Gadd, E-Type, The Navigators. and international artists recording in Stockholm, as in the case of Britney Spears debut album Oops!... I Did It Again. She started to make suggestions on how to improve the songs lyrics and the sisters boyfriend encouraged her to start writing songs. Woodford also tried a hand at acting in the mid 90s and played smaller parts in a handful of Swedish TV and film productions.
At age 25 she moved to London and started working her way up as a song writer from the bottom. Woodford has written songs for Tom Jones, Leona Lewis, Sophie Ellis-Bextor, British TV Show Britannia High, Australian singers Cassie Davis and Holly Valance, Christina Milian, The Saturdays, Sugababes and Jay Sean.
Her biggest hit to date is Broken Strings the third single by James Morrison from his second studio album Songs for You, Truths for Me. The song is a duet with Canadian pop/R&B singer-songwriter Nelly Furtado.
Nina grew up in Stockholm's Södermalm borough. Today she lives in Los Angeles and is married to record producer Greg Wells.
- 2010 SKAP prize, an award designated to Swedish pop music writers.
- http://www.umusicpub.com/spotlight.aspx?id=592 | Murlyn. umusicpub.com. Retrieved on 2010-07-09.
- Britney Spears - Oops!...I Did It Again (CD, Album) at Discogs. Discogs.com. Retrieved on 2010-06-09.
- Svenska Nina Woodford ligger bakom flera kända låtar | SvD ((Swedish)). Svd.se. Retrieved on 2010-06-09.
- Nina Woodford-Berger at the Internet Movie Database
- 5.0 5.1 Steffen Hung. Nina Woodford. swisscharts.com. Retrieved on 2010-06-09.
- 22. SKAP - Mauro Scocco, Amanda Jenssen, Andreas Kleerup, Anna Järvinen, Oskar Linnros, Melissa Horn och Anders Eljas bland årets SKAP-stipendiater. Skap.se. Retrieved on 2010-06-09.