nato il 28.2.1930 a Berlin, Berlin, Germania
Links www.martygrosz.com (Inglese)
Martin Oliver "Marty" Grosz (born February 28, 1930) is an American jazz guitarist, banjoist, vocalist and composer born in Berlin, Germany, perhaps most notable for his work with Bob Wilber, performing with and doing arrangements for him. Grosz has also been involved in projects involving Kenny Davern, Dick Sudhalter and Keith Ingham.
During the 1970s he was a member of Soprano Summit. In 1986 Grosz became a joined The Classic Jazz Quartet, with Dick Wellstood, Joe Muranyi, and Dick Sudhalter. He played, sang and wrote most of the group's arrangements. He has also performed at concerts with Joe Pass, Herb Ellis, and Charlie Byrd.
Grosz' father is the German-American painter George Grosz.
Grosz was featured on The State of Things (radio show) from WUNC-FM on April 13, 2011.
- Thanks (Jazzology Records)
- Hooray for Bix! (Riverside, 1957)
- Marty Grosz and His Hot Combination (Arbors Records)
- Swing It! (Jazzology Records)
- Songs I Learned At My Mothers Knee & Other Low Joints (Jazzology Records)
- Chasin' The Spots (Jump Records)
- Sings of Love & Other Matters (Jazzology Records)
- Rhythm Is Our Business (Sackville Records)
- Just for Fun! (Nagel-Heyer Records)
- Left To His Own Devices (Jazzology Records)
- Keep a Song in Your Soul (Jazzology Records)
- Ring Dem Bells (Live) (Nagel-Heyer Records)
- On Revival Day (Jazzology Records)
- Unsaturated Fats (Stomp Off)
- Donaldson Redux (Stomp Off)
- Just Imagine: The Music of DeSylva, Brown and Henderson (Stomp Off Records)