Banca dati musicale
nata il 16.10.1969 a Bel Air, CA, Stati Uniti d'America
Wendy Wilson at Saban Theatre, Beverly Hills, on 4 May 2013
|Born||October 16 1969
Los Angeles, California, USA
|Spouse(s)||Daniel Knutson (2002present; 4 children)|
Wendy Wilson (born October 16, 1969) is an American singer and member of the pop singing trio Wilson Phillips. She is the daughter of Beach Boys founder Brian Wilson and his first wife Marilyn, who was a member of girl group The Honeys, and she is the younger sister of Carnie Wilson.
Wilson was born in Los Angeles. She co-founded Wilson Phillips with Carnie and childhood friend Chynna Phillips when they were in their teens. Wilson Phillips released two albums in 1990 and 1992 before splitting up. Wendy and Carnie released a Christmas album together in 1993 and an album called The Wilsons in 1997 with their formerly estranged father, Brian. In 2004, Wendy reunited with Carnie and Phillips for a third Wilson Phillips album entitled California. In 2012, the reunited Wilson Phillips released the album, Dedicated, which comprised covers of songs by The Beach Boys and The Mamas and Papas. In June 2012 Wendy joined her sister Carnie and other members of The Beach Boys' families to form the vocal group, California Saga, which performed at the intermission during the homecoming Hollywood Bowl show of The Beach Boys' 50th anniversary tour.
Wilson married record producer/sound engineer Daniel Knutson on May 24, 2002 in the rose garden of The Ritz-Carlton in Marina Del Rey, and they have four sons: Leo Evan (b. September 14, 2003), Beau (b. September 29, 2004), and twins, Will and Jesse (b. August 17, 2007).
In February 2008, Wilson appeared in an episode of the American reality TV program, Supernanny. Her sister Carnie and her niece Lola Bonfiglio also made an appearance in the episode. In April 2008 Wilson appeared in an episode of the Tyra Banks show, Amazing Moms.
On January 7, 2010, Wilson appeared with her sisters, their mother Marilyn, and their husbands on a special edition of The Newlywed Game.
In 2012 Wilson Phillips created a reality television show called "Wilson Phillips; Still Holding On". The show premiered on the TV Guide network.
- 1990: Wilson Phillips Wilson Phillips
- 1991: Wilson Phillips Two Rooms (Elton John tribute album): song "Daniel"
- 1992: Wilson Phillips Shadows and Light
- 1993: Wendy & Carnie Wilson Hey Santa!
- 1993: Wendy Wilson VA "Home" (Children's songs): her song "Jennifer"
- 1997: The Wilsons The Wilsons
- 1998: Wilson Phillips The Best of Wilson Phillips
- 1998: Wendy & Carnie Wilson in Various Artists Love Shouldn't Hurt
- 2000: Wilson Phillips Greatest Hits (Capitol Records)
- 2002: Wendy & Carnie Wilson in Al Jardine Family and Friends Live in Las Vegas
- 2004: Wilson Phillips California
- 2005: Wilson Phillips The Best of Wilson Phillips (same as 1998 release)
- 2007: Wendy & Carnie Wilson VA A Song for My Father : song "Warmth of the Sun"
- 2007: Wendy Wilson Wendy Dance Album
- 2012: Wilson Phillips "Dedicated"
- “” (February 20, 2008). February 2008 episode. Youtube. Retrieved on 2010-09-29.
- Wendy Wilson at the Internet Movie Database
- Wendy Wilson Dance Music Page
- Wendy Wilson official tour information site
|Chynna Phillips · Carnie Wilson · Wendy Wilson|
|Studio albums||Wilson Phillips (1990) • Shadows and Light (1992) • California (2004)|
|Singles||"Hold On" • "Release Me" • "Impulsive" • "You're in Love" • "The Dream Is Still Alive" • "Daniel" • "You Won't See Me Cry" • "Give It Up" • "Flesh and Blood" • "Go Your Own Way" • "Already Gone" • "Get Together"|
|Related topics||Glen Ballard • Hey Santa! • Naked and Sacred • The Wilsons • Christmas with Carnie • Carnie Wilson: Unstapled • The Mamas & the Papas • The Beach Boys • Mackenzie Phillips|