Links www.stillerhas.ch (Tedesco)
Stiller Has (German for Silent Hare) are a musical trio founded 1989 in Bern, Switzerland. Considering themselves part of the Kleinkunst, or "small stage art" scene, they have nonetheless become a cult band across the German speaking part of Switzerland.
Stiller Has perform in Mundart, their native Bernese German, singing - as the Berner Zeitung put it - "about a piece of Switzerland that is paid little attention ... the middle country, the middle classes, the poor, the mediocre. ... Those that bitch about their fate, get drunk and get bitten in the butt by their own dog". The NZZ has assessed them as "the band that has described and sung about the existential orientation of Switzerland like no one else".
To date, Stiller Has have made numerous tours across Switzerland and released ten CDs. In 1995, they received the Salzburger Stier and the Deutscher Kleinkunstpreis, the two most notable small stage art awards in the German-speaking countries.
- Stiller Has' (1989) (on cassette)
- Der Wolf ist los (1991)
- Landjäger (1994)
- Moudi (1996)
- Live auf Moudi Tour (1996)
- Chole (1998)
- Walliselle (2000)
- Stiller Has (2001)
- Stelzen (2002)
- Poulet Tour (2004)
- Geisterbahn (2006)
- Zwanzig Goldige Hasensongs (2007)
- So verdorbe (2009)
- Böses Alter (2013)
All links are in German, unless otherwise noted.
- Echo von Grindelwald / JungfrauZeitung, 25. November 2003: Cult band fascinates the audience of the Anchor
- 2.0 2.1 Süddeutsche Zeitung, 12./13. September 1998: "I'm just a stage pig": About the cult band Stiller Has and the secret Swiss yearning for anarchy
- Neue Zürcher Zeitung, May 28, 2005, Odes to the beloved, ugly homeland: When the Stiller Has plays and sings (PDF)
Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Stiller Has