born on 12/12/1906 in Wien, Austria
died on 11/6/1991 in Badenweiler, Germany
Bert Reisfeld (Vienna, 1906 - Badenweiler, 1991) was a lyricist, noted for adapting lyrics to well-known songs either to or from English. The songs he wrote English lyrics for include:
- "It's Oh So Quiet", adapted from the German song "Und Jetzt ist es Still" by Horst Winter,
- "The Three Bells", adapted from the French song "Les trois cloches" by Jean Villard Gilles and Marc Herrand
- "Baciare Baciare (Kissing Kissing)" by Dorothy Collins.
He also translated "These Boots Are Made for Walkin' into the German "Die Stiefel Sind Zum Wandern" which was recorded by Eileen Goldsen.
- Works written by: REISFELD BERT. ACE Title Search. American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers. Retrieved on 2011-09-06.
- WorldCat. Morning Mood.
- title of version: DIE STIEFEL SIND ZUM WANDERN. Online Database Musical Works. Gesellschaft für musikalische Aufführungs- und mechanische Vervielfältigungsrechte. Retrieved on 2011-09-06.