born on 15/8/1956 in Scotland, United Kingdom
Peter J. Vettese
Peter John Vettese
Links www.peterjohnvettese.com (English)
Peter-John Vettese (born 15 August 1956  in Scotland), also known as Peter Vettese, is a British keyboardist, songwriter, arranger and record producer.
Early life and career
Vettese began his music studies with piano lessons at the age of 4. At 9, he began playing in public with his father's band. He left home at 17 to join one of the UK's biggest dance hall Big Bands, but was fired for rehearsing in company time with his own group. He then formed the jazz fusion group Solaris with guitarist Jim Condie, and toured Scotland and the US. He was playing in pubs and clubs in Scotland when he saw an advertisement for keyboard players in the music newspaper Melody Maker, which turned out to be from the progressive rock band Jethro Tull.
Vettese joined Jethro Tull in 1982 for the recording of their album The Broadsword and the Beast, and toured with the band extensively for the next couple of years, appearing on the album Live at Hammersmith '84. Vettese made significant contributions to Tull's heavily electronic album Under Wraps, (1984) toured with them again in 1986, and recorded as a guest musician on Rock Island (1989).
Vettese also collaborated with Tull's frontman Ian Anderson on Anderson's 1983 solo album, Walk into Light. Vettese co-wrote half the songs on the album, which is notable for his innovative contributions on electronic keyboards.
Following this, Vettese began an independent career as a songwriter, arranger and producer. In the 1980s he worked with and produced a diverse range of artists including Frankie Goes to Hollywood, Go West, Pet Shop Boys, Bee Gees, Cher, Foreigner, Carly Simon and Clannad. In 1987, he fulfilled a boyhood dream to play with Paul McCartney as a session musician, but he later turned down an offer to become a member of McCartney's re-formed band Wings.
More recently he has worked with Simple Minds, Annie Lennox (the Grammy winning arrangement of Walking on Broken Glass), Zucchero, Peter Cox, Heather Small, Dido, Sophie B. Hawkins, Andy Leek, Beverley Knight, Gary Barlow, Mark Owen, Geri Halliwell, Melanie C, Nate James, Alex Parks, Darren Hayes, Robin Gibb, Laura Critchley, Peter Heppner and Spark.
Vettese is currently signed to Kobalt Music and has his own recording studio in Battersea where he also writes, produces records and music for film soundtracks.
- 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Peter Vettese. The Official Jethro Tull Website. Retrieved on 2011-08-26.
- 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Salmond, Catherine, Almost 30 years after his musical adventure began in an Edinburgh bar, tonight Peter Vettese squares the circle with a Capital gig, The Scotsman, 2010-08-04.
- [Peter-John Vettese at All Music Guide Peter-John Vettese - Biography]. AllMusic. Retrieved on 2010-11-08.
- 4.0 4.1 [Peter-John Vettese at All Music Guide Jethro Tull - Biography]. AllMusic. Retrieved on 2010-11-08.
- There's More To Jethro Tull Than Ian Anderson. Pittsburgh Press. Google News Archive (1984-10-23). Retrieved on 2010-11-08.
- Jethro Tull Delights Loyal, But Few, Fans. Pittsburgh Press. Google News Archive (1984-11-01). Retrieved on 2010-11-08.
- 7.0 7.1 Ground and Sky review - Ian Anderson - Walk Into Light. Ground and Sky (2003-12-28). Retrieved on 2010-11-08.
- 8.0 8.1 Ian Anderson - Walk Into Light reviews. Progarchives. Retrieved on 2010-11-08.
- Keyboard star returns to festival to bury demons. The Herald (2010-08-02).
- Kobalt: Music Publishing for the 21st Century - Songwriters. Kobalt Music. Retrieved on 2010-11-08.
|Ian Anderson | Martin Barre | Jonathan Noyce | Andrew Giddings | Doane Perry|
|Mick Abrahams | Clive Bunker | Glenn Cornick | Barriemore Barlow | Jeffrey Hammond | John Evan | David Palmer | John Glascock | Mark Craney | Peter-John Vettese | Eddie Jobson | Dave Pegg | Gerry Conway | Maartin Allcock | Dave Mattacks|
|This Was | Stand Up | Benefit | Nothing Is Easy: Live at the Isle of Wight 1970 | Aqualung | Thick as a Brick | Living in the Past | A Passion Play | War Child |Minstrel in the Gallery | M.U. - The Best Of Jethro Tull - Vol I | Too Old to Rock 'n' Roll: Too Young to Die! | Songs From The Wood | Repeat - The Best of Jethro Tull - Vol II | Heavy Horses | Bursting Out | Stormwatch | A | Broadsword and the Beast | Under Wraps | Live at Hammersmith '84 | A Classic Case | Original Masters | Crest of a Knave | 20 Years of Jethro Tull | 20 Years of Jethro Tull: Highlights | Rock Island | Catfish Rising | Jethro Tull In Concert | A Little Light Music | 25th Anniversary Box Set | The Best Of Jethro Tull - The Anniversary Collection | Nightcap | Roots to Branches | J-Tull Dot Com | The Very Best of Jethro Tull | Living with the Past | The Essential Jethro Tull | The Jethro Tull Christmas Album | Aqualung Live|