Craig Krampf is an American musician and songwriter.
The majority of his notable credits are as a studio drummer. Since the 1970s, he has played on albums by other artists ranging from Steve Perry to Alabama to Kim Carnes to Flo and Eddie to Alice Cooper to Melissa Etheridge. He along with Perry were founding members of the short-lived rock group Alien Project.
As a songwriter, his biggest hit was with Steve Perry's "Oh Sherrie" (co-written with Perry, Randy Goodrum, and Bill Cuomo), which peaked at #3 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. Besides "Oh Sherrie," Krampf co-wrote three other songs on Perry's Street Talk album, including "Strung Out", which made it to #40 on the Billboard Hot 100. He also co-wrote a song with Kim Carnes and Duane Hitchings"I'll Be Here Where the Heart Is"on the Grammy-winning Flashdance soundtrack.
- Paul Stanley - Paul Stanley
- Richard Simmons - Reach
- Steve Perry - Street Talk
- Kim Carnes - "Bette Davis Eyes"
- The Motels - "Only the Lonely"
- The Church - "Under the Milky Way"
- Melissa Etheridge - "Bring Me Some Water"
- Patty Loveless - "You Can Feel Bad"
- Tanya Tucker - "Can't Run from Yourself"
- Nick Gilder - "City Nights"
- Alice Cooper - "Special Forces"
- Silver Condor Joe Cerisano - "Trouble At Home"