born on 21/3/1951 in Cleveland, OH, United States
Arnold McCuller is an American vocalist, songwriter, and record producer, born and raised in Cleveland, Ohio. He is active as a solo artist and session musician, but is perhaps best known for his work as a touring back-up singer with artists such as James Taylor, Phil Collins, Beck, Bonnie Raitt, and Todd Rundgren. He has toured for thirty years with Taylor and is an audience favorite for his featured vocal parts on the songs "Shower the People", "I Will Follow", and "Is That the Way You Look". He has also toured extensively with Collins and is one of the main lead vocalists on the live version of "Easy Lover". In 2010 McCuller joined the Troubadour Reunion Tour supporting James Taylor and Carole King.
McCuller has had numerous acting parts in films, particularly in movies centered on music, such as American Hot Wax (1978) and The Hollywood Knights (1980). He appeared in the film The Sum of All Fears singing "The Star-Spangled Banner". Although he did not appear onscreen in Duets, his vocals were blended with those of actor Andre Braugher to make a composite singing voice for the character "Reggie Kane"; in the film, Reggie Kane sang with Paul Giamatti on "Try a Little Tenderness" and performed an a cappella version of "Free Bird".
McCuller also performed the song "Nowhere to Run" for the 1979 film The Warriors, which appears on the film's soundtrack (A&M Records); and was one of the four singers in the "guitar duel sequence" in the 1986 film Crossroads, with Ry Cooder.
- A Part of Me That's You (1984) with David Benoit
- Exception to the Rule (1994)
- You Can't Go Back (1999)
- Exception to the Rule (2000) reissue (with fewer songs)
- Back to Front (2002)
- Live at the Baked Potato (2002)
- Circa 1990 (2003)
- Sabor (2009)
- Soon as I Get Paid (2011)
- Back @ The Baked Potato Live 2015 (2015)
- Witness (2017)
with James Taylor
- Flag (1979)
- Dad Loves His Work (1981)
- That's Why I'm Here (1985)
- Never Die Young (1988)
- New Moon Shine (1991)
- (LIVE) (1993)
- Hourglass (1997)
- October Road (2002)
- Covers (2008)
- Before This World (2015)
with Phil Collins
- Serious Hits... Live! (1990)
- Dance into the Light (1996)
with Lyle Lovett
- Joshua Judges Ruth (1992)
- I Love Everybody (1994)
- The Road to Ensenada (1996)
- It's Not Big It's Large (2007)
- The Warriors (soundtrack) [Soundtrack to the Motion Picture] (1979)
- Duets (film) [Soundtrack to the Motion Picture] (2000)
- Hairspray [Soundtrack to the Motion Picture] (2007)
- ^ McCuller, Arnold (2008). "Biography: You May Not Know the Name, But You Certainly Know the Voice". Arnold McCuller Official Website. Arnoldmcculler.com. Retrieved 2009-09-16.
This article uses material from the article Arnold McCuller from the free encyclopedia Wikipedia and it is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.