born on 11/3/1954 in London, England, United Kingdom
Cameron Andrew McVey (born 11 March 1954), also known as Booga Bear, is a British singer, songwriter and music producer, best known for his work with Neneh Cherry, Massive Attack, Portishead, All Saints, Sugababes and Mutya Keisha Siobhan.
McVey grew up in Cockfosters, North London and was educated at Queen Elizabeth's Boys' School, Barnet. In 1983 he fathered a son, Marlon Roudette, to a Vincentian artist and designer Vonnie Roudette.
In 1986, as half of duo Morgan-McVey, he released the single "Looking Good Diving", whose B-side "Looking Good Diving with the Wild Bunch" would later be reworked into Neneh Cherry's 1988 single "Buffalo Stance".
McVey met Neneh Cherry in 1987 at Heathrow Airport while they were en route to Japan as fashion models as part of London Designer Ray Petri's Buffalo Posse. The two married in 1990. They have two daughters, Tyson (1989) and Mabel (1996). The family has lived throughout Europe. In 1993 they moved near Malaga, Spain and lived there until 1999. Briefly in 1995 they lived in Brooklyn, New York, where they had purchased a home in Park Slope. Soon after moving in, the couple was held up at gunpoint and robbed by a teenage bandit. They headed back to London's Primrose Hill.
They next travelled to Cherry's childhood home in Hässleholm, Sweden, living in the same schoolhouse-turned home (featured in the Homebrew album's artwork) where Cherry grew up.
Neneh Cherry albums
- Blue Lines by Massive Attack (1991)
- All Saints by All Saints (1997)
- One Touch, by the Sugababes (2000)
- How Do You Call It, by Patrice Bart-Williams (2002)
- Revolution In Me, by Siobhán Donaghy (2003)
- Taller In More Ways, by the Sugababes (2005)
- MKS, by Mutya Keisha Siobhan (2012)
In 2003 McVey along with Paul Simm, Silvio Pacini and Neil Pearson released the self-produced album 162, under the name of Virgin Souls.
In 2006 McVey (under the name Burt Ford) along with Neneh Cherry, Matt Kent (aka Karmil) and Lolita Moon released the album Laylow, as a band called CirKus.
In 2008 CirKus (with the same line-up) released their second album Medicine.
- "CAMERON MCVEY", swedishcharts.com. Retrieved 29 January 2012.
- El Bosquejo: Arena Homme Plus: Buffalo Stance, part 1
- Mattafix: Brit hip hop in Darfur, Mattafix: Marlon Roudette
- Neneh Cherry Online
- 6.0 6.1 Outre risque -The Neneh Cherry Homepage