Alias Mark "Snowboy" Cotgrove
Snowboy (a.k.a. Mark Cotgrove) is a UK-based Afro-Cuban percussionist, bandleader, DJ, music critic, journalist and music promoter.
Featured in the Who's Who of Latin American Music, Snowboy has released 11 albums and 17 singles in a career that spans over 15 years and has taken him and his authentic Afro-Cuban sound to concert stages all over the world.
Snowboy - with his band the Latin Section, comprising the cream of the UK's Latin Jazz musicians - carries the torch with their authentic Latin jazz style. Together they create a sound which whilst encompassing the influences from the masters of the genre, is also highly capable of intense swing and verve. Snowboy and the Latin Section have developed a unique and often identifiable sound in Latin dance music, something that is apparently hard to do, especially in the Latin jazz arena. Percussively explosive uptempo original compositions, at times tinged with folklore that continues their quest to keep the music exciting and to keep the dancers dancing.
Outside of his Latin jazz work, Cotgrove is also a fan of soul music and presented a show on 'Weekender FM' during the Southport Soul Weekender events in the early 90s.
- Ritmo Snowbo (Released 1989 ACID JAZZ Records [JAZID LP19])
- Descarga Mambito (Released 1991 ACID JAZZ Records [JAZID LP40])
- Something's Coming (Released 1993 ACID JAZZ RECORDS [JAZID LP 92])
- The Best of Snowboy and The Latin Section (Released 1994 ACID JAZZ Records [JAZID LP102])
- Pitbull Latin Jazz (Released 1995 ACID JAZZ Records [JAZID LP 126])
- M.F.O.S. (Recorded 1996 Acid Jazz Records [JAZID LP 146])
- Mambo Rage (Released 1998 Ubiquity Records/Cu-Bop [CBLP 013])
- The Soul of Snowboy (Released 1999 Acid Jazz Records [AJXLP 105])
- Afro Cuban Jazz (Released 2000 Ubiqity/Cu-Bop [CBLP26])
- Beyond The Snowstorm - Snowboy. The Acid Jazz Years (Released 2001 Snapper [SMDCD 340])
- Para Puente (Released 2002 Ubiquity Records [CBCD039])
- New Beginnings (Released 2005)
- Samba Con Salsa (Latin Music from London) (Released 1987 WAVE RECORDS [WAVE 31])
- The Freedom Principle (Acid Jazz & Other Illicit Grroves, vol. 2) (Released 1989 POLYDOR RECORDS/URBAN [837 925-])
- Groups of Goodies (Released 1994 MO MUSIC [PSCR 5074])
- Blue Note Club Culture (Released 1996 ACID JAZZ RECORDS/ALL SEEING EYE [EYE LP 01])
- Acid Jazz - Movie & TV Themes (Released 1997)
- Bring On The Beat / When Snowboys Rocking The Mike / Guaguanco R.J.
- Mambo Teresa / Wild Spirit
- A Night In Tunisia / Ritmo Snowbo (Waterfront)
- Ritmo Snowbo / A Night In Tunisia (BGP)
- Snowboys House Of Latin
- Snowboys House Of Latin Remix
- Give Me The Sunshine / El Nuevo Latino
- Lucky Fellow / Astralisation
- Delirium / NyQuist Theorem
- Three Faces Of Snowboy - Girl Overboard / Funky Djembe / 24 for Betty Page
- The New Avengers ( featured in US movie Anchorman)
- Casa Forte
- Oya Ye Ye
- Los Rumberos De La Habana Y Matanzas/Baraggo
- It's About Time DR Bob Jones and The Interns (featuring Snowboy)
- From Jazz Funk & Fusion to Acid Jazz: The History of the UK Jazz Dance Scene (2009), Chaser Publications (print-on-demand via AuthorHouse), ISBN 978-1-4389-7360-9
- Snowboy Discography at Discogs.
-  Interview Snowboy by Michael 'The Dood' Edwards 'Uk Vibe' June 2009.
- Snowboy Interview - Snowboy Interview at MundoVibe