nato a Los Angeles, CA, Stati Uniti d'America
Links www.aes.org (Italiano, Francese, Inglese, Tedesco)
Ron Fair is a veteran A&R executive, record producer arranger, recording engineer and songwriter. In a career that has spanned over 30 years at major record labels he has produced and arranged hits for several artists, but he is best known as a "guru/mentor", guiding the careers of unknown artists and turning them into superstars. Among the artists he has mentored are Christina Aguilera, Vanessa Carlton, Keyshia Cole, The Black Eyed Peas and Fergie, and the Pussycat Dolls.
Ron was born in Los Angeles. The environment in which he grew had a major impact on his eventual career direction, saying in an interview with HitQuarters, "My grandfather was a broadcaster who had built a remote facility for the purpose of producing a daily radio broadcast. Ever since I was two years old I was around microphones and consoles." During his childhood Fair was actively encouraged to pursue this career path, receiving various music tuition and being encouraged to take on the job training in multi-track recording. By the time he was 17-years-old he was, in his words, "Very skilled with microphone technique and able to make a pretty convincing sounding recording."
Fair taught "recording production" at the University of Sound Arts in Hollywood while at the same time developing a reputation as a motion picture musical soundtrack coordinator, with the multi-platinum successes of Pretty Woman and Reality Bites. In addition, during the early 1980s Fair worked as a recording engineer on such projects as the Slayer album Hell Awaits.
Fair most recently held the position of Chairman at Geffen Records. Prior to running Geffen Records, Fair was President of A&M Records for five years, and held senior A & R positions at RCA Records, Chrysalis Records, EMI Records, and Island Records-London.
During his career, Fair has produced multiple number one singles on the pop and R&B charts, including Lady Marmalade (Christina, Pink, Mýa, Lil' Kim), Be Without You (Mary J. Blige), One (Mary J. Blige & U2), Big Yellow Taxi (Counting Crows), A Thousand Miles (Vanessa Carlton), and Where Is the Love? (Black Eyed Peas). He was also the executive producer of Beautiful (Christina Aguilera), Big Girls Dont Cry (Fergie), Lets Get It Started (Black Eyed Peas), and many other hits. He was nominated for 6 Grammy awards and his recordings have won several Grammy awards, including those of Christina Aguilera, The Black Eyed Peas, Mary J. Blige and Queen Latifah.
In 2009, Fair engineered Lady Gaga's single Speechless, from her platinum album The Fame Monster. That year he also collaborated with Indian film composer A.R. Rahman to produce an English version of "Jai Ho", the hit song from the film Slumdog Millionaire. Currently, Fair is set to produce UK artist Matt Goss new album.
Fair is a celebrity judge on the Canadian television talent program Cover Me Canada.
Ron Fair married singer-songwriter Stefanie Ridel a member of the teen girl group Wild Orchid on September 4, 2001. They have three children together. Fair enjoys gardening and has notably climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro.
- 1990: Pretty Woman Soundtrack (Executive producer)
- 1992: White Men Can't Jump Soundtrack (Executive producer)
- 1994: Reality Bites Soundtrack (Executive producer)
- 1994: Dumb & Dumber Soundtrack (Executive producer)
- 2001: Legally Blonde Soundtrack (Executive producer)
- 2002: Christina Aguilera - "Beautiful" (Executive producer)
- 2002: Vanessa Carlton - "A Thousand Miles"
- 2003: The Black Eyed Peas - "Where Is The Love?"
- 2005: Keyshia Cole - The Way It Is (Executive producer)
- 2007: Keyshia Cole - Just Like You (Executive producer)
- 2008: Keyshia Cole - A Different Me (Executive producer)
- 2009: Lady Gaga - "Speechless"
- 2009: Pussycat Dolls - "Jai Ho! (You Are My Destiny)"
- 2010: Keyshia Cole - Calling All Hearts (Executive producer)
Film and television
|2005||UK Music Hall of Fame: Biggest Selling Artists of the 21st Century||Himself||TV Documentary|
|2007||Pussycat Dolls Present: The Search for the Next Doll||Judge||TV Series|
|2007||The Pussycat Dolls: Live from Manchester Evening News Arena||Executive Producer||Video|
|2008||Pussycat Dolls Present: Girlicious||Judge and Executive Producer(6 episodes)||TV Series|
|2008||E! True Hollywood Story||Himself||TV Series Documentary Ep: Pussycat Dolls|
|2008||Fox Reality Really Awards||Himself||TV Series Documentary|
|2010||American Idol||Himself||TV Series - Episode: "Idol Gives Back/Top Seven Results"|
|2011||Inside: El DeBarge||Executive Producer||TV Movie|
|2011||Living in La La Land||Judge||TV Series|
|2011||Cover Me Canada||Judge||TV Series|
- 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Karen Bliss (13 September 2011). REx-Geffen Chairman Ron Fair on Judging 'Cover Me Canada' TV Show. Billboard.biz. Billboard. Retrieved on 13 September 2011.
- 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 117th AES CONVENTION BIOGRAPHY OF RON FAIR. Audio Engineering Society (2004). Retrieved on 13 September 2011.
- Shane Bailey. Ron Fair. Bmusic.com.au. Retrieved on 2010-06-26.
- 4.0 4.1 4.2 Interview With Ron Fair. HitQuarters (19 Jun 2006). Retrieved on 18 May 2010.
- Sleaze Roxx
- RON FAIR, Doug Minnick, Bmusic.com.au, undated.
- Hell Awaits, Chapters.Indigo.ca, (retrieved September 13, 2011)
- ACCLAIMED PRODUCER, MUSICIAN AND LABEL EXECUTIVE RON FAIR PROMOTED TO CHAIRMAN OF GEFFEN RECORDS. Universal Music Group (2006). Retrieved on 13 September 2011.
- Dale Kawashima. Special Interview with Jim Vellutato, Vice President of A&R at Sony/ATV Music Publishing. SongWriter Universe. Retrieved on 13 September 2011.
- Black Eyed Peas, The* Let's Get It Started. Discogs. Retrieved on 13 September 2011.
- Hiatt, Brian, Inside The Monster Ball: Lady Gaga Reveals Plans for Ambitious New Tour, Rolling Stone, Jann Wenner, 2009-10-21.
- Smith, Ethan (February 27, 2009). "'Slumdog' Remix: The Oscar-winning song 'Jai Ho' is reworked with help from a Pussycat Doll". The Wall Street Journal.
- Ray (25 May 2011). New Matt Goss Album to be Produced by Ron Fair. mattgoss.la. Retrieved on 12 September 2011.
- Aswad, Jem. Ron Fair Named Chief Creative Officer, EVP of Virgin Records. news. holywoodreporter.com. Retrieved on 2013-08-21.
- RON FAIR NAMED CHIEF CREATIVE OFFICER/EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT, VIRGIN RECORDS. corporate press release. universalmusic.com. Retrieved on 2013-08-21.
- Cover Me Canada, cbc.ca, (retrieved November 8, 2011)
- The Most Up to Date Information on Wild Orchard. Retrieved on 13 September 2011.
- 18.0 18.1 Ron Fair IMDB.