born on 20/4/1987 in Basel, BS, Switzerland
Links www.annarossinellimusic.com (English, German)
Anna Rossinelli (born 20 April 1987 in Basel) is a Swiss singer-songwriter. Rossinelli sings as a part of a pop-soul trio band, which performs under her name.
Eurovision Song Contest
On 11 December 2010, Rossinelli won the Swiss national final (Die grosse Entscheidungs Show), with the song "In Love for a While" and represented the country at the Eurovision Song Contest 2011 in Düsseldorf, Germany. On 10 May 2011, she joined the ESC in Düsseldorf in the first semifinal. She succeeded in entering the final only thanks to the jury vote. Switzerland ended up last there.
2011-present: Bon Voyage and present
On 14 October 2011, Rossinelli released the lead single from her debut album "Joker". It was written by Phillipa Alexander, Ellie Wyatt, Alex Ball, Vicky Nolan. It was produced by Fred Herrmann. She released her debut album Bon Voyage on 9 December 2011.
On 6 March 2013, her next single was published. Let It Go is the first single from her upcoming album, Marylou which was released on 3 May 2013 and debuted at number one.
On 7 February 2013, Rossinelli re-release her album Marylou under the new title Marylou Two with the bonus tracks Shine In The Light, Let It Go (Live), Vagabonds (Live), Reconcile and Shine In The Light (Piano Version). The Swiss television studio SRF used the single Shine in the Light as their official song for the broadcast of the 2014 Winter Olympics.
|Title||Album details||Peak chart positions|
|Takes Two to Tango||
|Year||Single||Peak chart positions||Album|
|2011||"In Love for a While"||3||Non-album single|
|2012||"See What You've Done"||—|
|2013||"Let It Go"||26||Marylou|
|2014||"Shine in the Light"||4||Marylou Two|
|"—" denotes single that did not chart or was not released.|
- "Band". Retrieved 4 January 2011.
- Escudero, Victor. "Switzerland has chosen Anna Rossinelli". European Broadcasting Union. Retrieved 11 December 2010.
- "First Semi-Final: The qualifiers and their Final starting positions!". European Broadcasting Union. Retrieved 11 May 2011.
- "Anna Rossinelli Marylou Two incl. "Shine in The Light" Album Release 07.02.2014". Anna Rossinellis Official Facebook Page. Retrieved 11 February 2014.
- "Anna Rossinelli singt den Olympia-Song live im SRF 3 Studio" (in German). SRF. 7 February 2014. Retrieved 11 February 2014.
- "Anna Rossinelli - Swiss Charts". hitparade.ch/ Hung Medien.