born on 25/9/1948 in Hampton, VA, United States
Links www.berklee.edu (English)
Bill Pierce (also Billy Pierce) (born September 25, 1948 in Hampton, Virginia) is an American jazz saxophonist.
He played with Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers in the early 1980s and in Tony Williams's quintet in the mid-1980s to early 1990s. He also has released numerous CDs for which he is the band leader.
With Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers
- Live at Montreux and Northsea (Timeless, 1980)
- Art Blakey in Sweden (Amigo, 1981)
- Album of the Year (Timeless, 1981)
- Straight Ahead (Concord Jazz, 1981)
- Keystone 3 (Concord Jazz, 1982)
- Oh-By the Way (Timeless, 1982)
- Yanow, Scott (2006-12-11). [Bill Pierce at All Music Guide Bill Pierce: Biography]. Allmusic. Retrieved on 2010-07-05.
- Kelman, John (2006-12-11). Tony Williams: Mosaic Select 24. All About Jazz. Retrieved on 2010-07-05.
- Small, Mark. Berklee Beat: Faculty Profile - Bill Pierce. Berklee. Archived from the original on 27 May 2010. Retrieved on 2010-07-05.
- Faculty Biography: Bill Pierce. Berklee. Archived from the original on 15 July 2010. Retrieved on 2010-07-05.