born on 1/7/1949 in Canzo, Lombardia, Italy
Links www.violavalentino.it (Italian)
Viola Valentino (born July 1, 1952 as Virginia Minnetti) is an Italian singer.
Virginia Minnetti was born in 1952. She started her career as a singer in 1968 under the name Virginia and later began to sing with her then husband in a duet named Renzo & Virginia. Some time later Virginia was noticed by Giancarlo Lucariello, a producer of the Italian rock band Pooh. It was he who created an image of a sexy but delicate woman for her as well as her manner to sing with a subdued voice.
In 1979, Virginia starts singing under the name Viola Valentino. Her first song Comprami (Buy Me) made her famous and was sold in a great number of copies in Italy and Spain.
In 1980, Viola sings two other songs that also become hits, Sei una bomba (You Are a Bomb) and Anche noi facciamo pace (We Will Make Peace Too). In the same year, her first album Cinema (Cinema) comes out.
In 1982, Viola Valentino takes part in Festival di Sanremo for the first time with the song Romantici (Romantic) which also became a hit. In the same year, her second album In primo piano (In the Foreground) and another hit Sola (Alone) comes out. At that time, Viola Valentino was in the zenith of her fame and was invited to act in the film Delitto sullautostrada (A Crime on a Highway).
In 1983, she takes part in Festival di Sanremo again with the song Arriva arriva (Come, Come). Since then, the public interest in Viola Valentino began to fade. In the 1980s, Viola acted in the films Due strani papà (Two Strange Daddies, 1983) and Le volpi della notte (Night Foxes, 1986).
In 1986, Viola sings the song Il posto della luna (The Place of the Moon), which had moderate success.
In 1991, an album Un angelo dal cielo (An Angel from Heaven) came out which included the best songs by Viola Valentino. In 2005 she goes to reality show Musicfarm.
For some time, Viola Valentino was married to a well-known Italian singer Riccardo Fogli, which contributed to her popularity; later, however, they divorced.
Two times Violas photos were cover photos of Playboy.
- 1978 Uno (with the band Fantasy)
- 1980 Cinema
- 1982 In primo piano
- 1991 Un angelo dal cielo
- 1994 Esisto
- 1998 Il viaggio
- 2004 Made in Virginia
- 2010 - Alleati non ovvi
- 1985 Langelo
- 2009 - I tacchi di Giada
- 1968 Dixie/Pensandoci su (under the name Virginia)
- 1970 Zan zan/I 10 comandamenti dellamore (under the name Renzo e Virginia, together with Riccardo Fogli)
- 1978 Cantando (under the name Fantasy)
- 1979 Comprami/California
- 1980 Sei una bomba/Sono così
- 1980 Anche noi facciamo pace/Sì mi va
- 1981 Giorno popolare/Prendiamo i pattini
- 1981 Sera coi fiocchi/Come un cavallo pazzo
- 1982 Romantici/Rido
- 1982 Sola/Amiche
- 1983 Arriva arriva/Balere
- 1984 Verso sud/Traditi
- 1985 Addio amor
- 1986 Il posto della luna/La verità
- 1987 Devi ritornare/Dentro una notte di festa
- 1991 Un angelo dal cielo/Quasi mezzanotte
- 1994 Me marito se n'è ito
- 1994 Onda tra le onde
- 1995 Probabilmente niente
- 1996 Estasi
- 1997 Anime dautunno (Libertango)
- 1998 Come quando fuori piove
- 1999 Aspettando Elia
- 2000 Comprami 2000 con Zerodecibel
- 2002 La surprise de lamour
- 2004 Dea
- 2004 Acqua, fuoco, aria, terra
- 2006 Barbiturici nel thè