born on 28/10/1979 in New York City, NY, United States
died on 26/10/2012 in Atlanta, GA, United States
Links www.imdb.com (English)
Natina Tiawana Reed (October 28, 1979 October 26, 2012) was an American rapper, singer-songwriter, beatboxer, and a member of the R&B trio Blaque. On most of Blaque's songs, Reed is featured as a rapper or ad-libber. Reed was a protégée of late rapper Lisa Lopes.
Reed contributed her own raps to many of Blaque's singles, including "808", "Can't Get It Back" and "Bring It All to Me".
In 2001, Reed was engaged to rapper Kurupt. In 2002, she gave birth to their son Tren Brown after the group was dropped from their label. Natina and Kurupt were separated at the time of her death. Reed's cousin is former Destiny's Child member Farrah Franklin.
Reed died on October 26, 2012, two days shy of her 33rd birthday, in a road accident. She was struck while talking on the phone in Lawrenceville, Georgia, on U.S. Highway 29 (near Hamilton Road) while crossing the street. CPR was performed on Reed, however, she was pronounced dead on arrival at Gwinnett Medical Center in Duluth, Georgia.
According to Gwinnett County police, no charges are expected against the driver who accidentally struck Reed with his automobile. A preliminary investigation indicates that Reed was in the roadway when she was struck and the vehicle's driver and a passenger were the only witnesses to the collision. At the time of her death, Reed was living in a motel.
|2001||"It's Over" with Kurupt||Space Boogie: Smoke Oddessey|
|2000||Bring It On||Jenelope|
Music video cameo appearances
|1997||"Ladies Night"||Lil' Kim|
|2001||"Welcome To Atlanta"||Ludacris|
- Atlanta Journal-Constitution: Obituaries from the Atlanta Journal-Constitution 30 October 2012
- Dinh, James, Blaque's Natina Reed Killed In Hit-And-Run At Age 32, MTV, October 27, 2012. URL accessed on October 27, 2012.
- Natina Reed Of R&B Group Blaque Dead At 31 from theurbandaily.com, October 27, 2012
- Natina Reed: Parents seek answers as they plan R&B singers funeral
Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- Natina Reed, 32, singer in R&B group Blaque
- Singer and 'Bring It On' actress Natina Reed dies at 32
- R&B singer hit and killed by car in Gwinnett (October 27, 2012).
- Bring It On star Natina Reed was living in motel at time of her tragic death in car accident
- Natina Reed at the Internet Movie Database