born on 18/8/1968 in Roma, Lazio, Italy
Links www.danielesilvestri.it (Italian)
Daniele Silvestri (born 18 August 1968) is an Italian singer-songwriter and musician.
Silvestri debuted in 1994, releasing his eponymous album. The set received a Targa Tenco for Best Debut Album. In 1995, he competed in the Newcomers' Section of the Sanremo Music Festival with the song "L'uomo col megafono". The track was included in his second studio album, Prima di essere uomo, whose second single, "Le cose che abbiamo in comune", became a radio hit in 1995 and received the Targa Tenco for Song of the Year.
In 1996 Silvestri released a double studio album, Il dado. His following studio set, Sig. Dapatas, was released in 1999, after Silvestri's appearance as a contestant of the Big Artists section in the Sanremo Music Festival with the track "Aria", which received the Critics' Award. In 2000, he released his first greatest hits album, Occhi da orientale, launched by the single with the same name, released in September of the same year.
In 2002, Silvestri released the single "Salirò", which won the Critics' Award at the Sanremo Music Festival of the same year and became a top 5 hit in Italy. In December of the same year, the song received four Italian Music Awards for Song of the Year, Composition of the Year, Best Italian Arrangement and Best Italian Music Video.
- "Daniele Silvestri" (in Italian). MTV Italy. Archived from the original on 8 May 2013. Retrieved 19 March 2014.
- Ernesto Assante (20 February 1995). "Giovani, belli e (poco) dannati". la Repubblica (in Italian). Retrieved 19 March 2014.
- "Biografia di Daniele Silvestri" (in Italian). Italica. RAI. Archived from the original on 20 March 2014. Retrieved 19 March 2014.
- Marco 'Joe' Giovannelli (24 March 1997). "Daniele Silvestri – Recensione – Il dado" (in Italian). Rockit.it. Archived from the original on 19 March 2014.
- "I vincitori del Premio della Critica" (in Italian). Agenzia Nazionale Stampa Associata. 19 February 2011. Retrieved 18 August 2011.
- "Le poesie rap di Daniele Silvestri". Corriere della Sera (in Italian). 23 October 1999. Retrieved 19 March 2014.
- "Raccolta di successi con inediti per Daniele Silvestri" (in Italian). Rockol.it. 6 September 2000. Retrieved 19 March 2014.
- "Italian Charts – Saniele Silvestri – Salirò (song)". Italiancharts.com. Hung Medien.
- Giorgio Dell'Arti. "Daniele Silvestri". Corriere della Sera (in Italian). Retrieved 19 March 2014.
- "Italian Music Awards, vincono Ligabue, Planet Funk e Silvestri" (in Italian). Rockol.it. 2 December 2002. Retrieved 16 December 2011.