born on 27/8/1943 in Los Angeles, CA, United States
Chuck Girard is a pioneer of Contemporary Christian music. He was born August 27, 1943 in Los Angeles, California, and moved to Santa Rosa, California in his young teens. He was a founding member of Love Song, the first Christian rock band to become popular in the United States.
He became a solo artist in 1975, and wrote & performed the hit songs "Sometimes Alleluia" and "Rock 'N' Roll Preacher", both of which were featured on his debut Chuck Girard, an album that featured the band Ambrosia prominently throughout.
He is the father of Alisa Childers, a member of Zoegirl.
- The Castells So This Is Love (Era Records, 1961)
- The Best of the Castells (K-Tel, 2000)
- The Hondells Go Little Honda (Mercury Records, 1965)
- The Hondells (Mercury Records, 1964)
- The Ghouls Dracula's Deuce'
- Mr. Gasser & The Weird-Ohs Silly Surfers
- The Revells The Go Sound of the Slots
- "Make Believe Wedding" (1961) US #98
- "Sacred" (1961) US #20
- "So This Is Love" (1961) US #21
- "Little Honda" (1964) US: #9
- "My Buddy Seat" (1965) US: #87
- "Younger Girl" (1966) US: #52
With Love Song
- Love Song (Good News Records, 1972)
- Final Touch (Good News Records, 1974)
- "Feel the Love" (live double LP) (Good News Records, 1977)
- "Welcome Back" (CD) (Maranatha/Word, 1995)
- Chuck Girard (Good News Records, 1975)
- Glow in the Dark (Good News Records, 1976)
- Written on the Wind (Good News Records, 1977)
- Take it Easy (Good News Records, 1978)
- The Stand (Good News Records, 1980)
- The Name Above All Names (Seven Thunders Records, 1983)
- Fire & Light (Seven Thunders Records, 1991)
- Voice of the Wind (Seven Thunders Records, 1994)
- Heart of Christmas (Seven Thunders Records, 2001)
- Evening Shadows (Seven Thunders Records, 2008)
- First Love (Exploration Films, 1998)
- 1.0 1.1 1.2 Cusic, Don (2010). Encyclopedia of Contemporary Christian Music: Pop, Rock, and Worship, p. 208209, ABCCLIO. URL accessed 15 November 2010.
- Montague, Joe (7 April 2005). ZOEgirl Doesn't Just Make Music, They Teach Us How to Live. Soul Shine. Retrieved on 15 November 2010.