geboren am 11.10.1951 in Seattle, WA, USA
Links www.boymeetsgirlmusic.com (Englisch)
Shannon Rubicam (born in Seattle, United States of America on October 11, 1952) is an American female singer/songwriter who is best remembered for being half of the mid to late 1980s pop duo Boy Meets Girl.
Her husband George Merrill was the other half of Boy Meets Girl, who are best remembered for their 1988 hit "Waiting for a Star to Fall". Merrill and Rubicam first met in 1975 when both were performing at a wedding. The couple also wrote two hit songs for Whitney Houston, "How Will I Know" and "I Wanna Dance with Somebody (Who Loves Me)", both of which hit Number 1 in the United States, among other countries.
Merrill and Rubicam have one child, daughter Hilary, who appeared in their "Waiting for a Star to Fall" video (she's the young blonde). They divorced in 2000 but have continued working together for various music projects.
- Hunt, Dennis (21 February 1989). Album Pulls at the 'Reel Life' Heartstrings of Boy Meets Girl, Los Angeles Times, Retrieved November 22, 2010
- Graham, Jefferson (28 December 1988). Boy Meets Girl: Now their `Star' is rising, USA Today, Retrieved November 22, 2010
- 3.0 3.1 3.2 (16 January 1989). Boy Meets Girl! Boy Loses Girl! But Now They're Back Together, and Singing in An Altared State, People (magazine), Retrieved November 22, 2010
- Mann, Brent. 99 Red Balloons...and 100 Other All-Time Great One-Hit Wonders, p.71-73 (2003) (ISBN 0806525169)
- Shannon biography, Boymeetsgirlmusic.com, Retrieved November 22, 2010
Dieser Artikel basiert auf dem Artikel Shannon Rubicam aus der freien Enzyklopädie Wikipedia und steht unter der GNU-Lizenz für freie Dokumentation.
In der Wikipedia ist eine Liste der Autoren verfügbar.