geboren am 14.1.1967 in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Kanada
Links www.sonofdave.com (Englisch)
|Also known as||Son of Dave|
|Born|| January 04 1967
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
|Genre(s)||Rock, folk rock, blues|
|Instrument(s)||Vocals, harmonica, mandolin, guitar|
|Crash Test Dummies|
Benjamin Darvill (born January 4, 1967) is a Canadian musician and singersongwriter, now based in the United Kingdom. He was a member of folk rock band Crash Test Dummies in which he played harmonica, mandolin, guitar and percussion. Since 2000, he has been busy with his solo project Son of Dave.
He moved to London, England, in 1998 and lived there for several years. His 2000 album 01, recorded in London, combined "aged blues with techno beats and everything in between". Reviewer Benoît Felten described it as "a mixture of modern R&B, hip-hop and electronics with an edge; it has a strong bluesy feeling".
His 2006 album 02 has been described as a mix of "cotton-pickin blues, vocalising beat-box, hard-breathing folk, steamy funk and even modern R&B".
Crash Test Dummies
- The Ghosts That Haunt Me (1991)
- God Shuffled His Feet (1993) #9 U.S., #1 UK
- A Worm's Life (1996) #78 U.S.
- Give Yourself a Hand (1999)
Son of Dave
- B. Darvill's Wild West Show (1999)
- 01 (2000)
- 02 (2006)
- 03 (2008)
- Shake A Bone (2010)
- 1.0 1.1 Benjamin Darvill. Xtreme Musician. Retrieved on 10 January 2009.
- Thomas H. Green (4 April 2008). Son of Dave: a suitcase and a harmonica. Telegraph.co.uk. Retrieved on 10 January 2009.
- Son of Dave. NME. Retrieved on 10 January 2009.
- Benoît Felten (2001). Son of Dave - 01. Planet Harmonica. Retrieved on 10 January 2009.
- Daniel Brown (April 2007). 02. Mondomix. Retrieved on 10 January 2009.
- Review of 'Ain't Going to Niketown' on the Daily Music Guide
- Son of Dave official website
- Son of Dave at MySpace
- 2006 interview with Darvill at BluesinLondon.com
|Crash Test Dummies|
|Brad Roberts - Ellen Reid - Dan Roberts - Benjamin Darvill - Mitch Dorge|
Dieser Artikel basiert auf dem Artikel Benjamin Darvill aus der freien Enzyklopädie Wikipedia und steht unter der GNU-Lizenz für freie Dokumentation.
In der Wikipedia ist eine Liste der Autoren verfügbar.